Aquanatal Yoga can enhance the well-being of both you and your baby. A programme of pre and postnatal water based exercises to prepare mother and baby for pregnancy, birth and beyond. It can help heal a wide variety of conditions and strengthen the immune system. Swimming not only improves the circulatory and respiratory systems but develops mobility in the muscles and joints and increases muscular strength and tone. Aqua yoga is for swimmers and non-swimmers and no previous experience is necessary.
Water is a medium especially suited to pregnant women and wonderfully soothing to those who have just given birth. It is therapeutic and supportive, allowing you to stretch and breathe far beyond your capabilities on dry land. Yoga is a centuries old practice that promotes balance, energy, deep breathing and relaxation. Together they provide the optimum workout for you and your baby.
- Allows intense exercise with low impact stress
- Increases the efficiency of the nervous system
- Improves blood flow to the pelvic area
- Detoxifies & moves fluids
- Stimulates the receptors un the skin
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Increases oxygen supply to match increase in blood volume & cardiac output
- Strengthens the muscles & keeps the spine straight & supple
- Maintains the flexibility of the spine & joints
- Facilitates bonding between mother & baby
- Promotes positive feelings & alleviates anxiety & depression
- The water offers a cooling, discrete and comfortable environment for exercise in late pregnancy
- Tension release, relaxing & calming: pleasure & fun!
- Helps healing when suffering with postnatal depression
Email Katy now to let her know you are interested.